Code of Conduct
Tempe Marketplace, including its parking lots, is private property. Please keep all firearms and weapons locked within your vehicle. The following code of conduct is set forth for the purpose of protecting the shopping center’s legitimate business interests and any violation of the code interferes with the commercial nature and function of the shopping center. Many of the issues covered within the Code of Conduct are also issues covered in the Arizona Criminal Code and may be enforced as such. If you fail or refuse to follow this Code of Conduct, you will be asked to leave the property. If you fail or refuse to leave property, you will be arrested and prosecuted for criminal trespassing per A.R.S. § 13-1502. As a visitor on this property, you are prohibited from engaging in any of the following activities while on this property:
- Using physical force, obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs, which are likely to create a disturbance or impinge on the hearing or peace of other patrons of the shopping center or other disorderly conduct, loitering or disturbing the peace.
- Physically or verbally threatening any persons, fighting, or annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities. Also by following another person through the shopping center or by using sexually explicit language or gestures or conduct in any other way creating a disturbance which interferes or is disruptive or dangerous to the shopping center patrons or its commercial function.
- Running, skating, rollerblading, skateboarding, bicycling, hover-boarding, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian traffic or with patrons view of windows and other tenants displays, or assembling for the purpose of disturbing the public peace or committing any unlawful act. Groups of 5 or more will be asked to separate into smaller groups.
- Creating litter, or throwing, discarding or depositing any paper, glass, or other matter of any kind in the shopping center, except in designated trash receptacles, or rummaging through or removing items from the trash receptacles or ashtrays.
- Defacing, damaging, or destroying any real or personal property constituting part of, or located in or on, the shopping center and belonging to the shopping center, its patrons or its tenants, including writing, spraying, scratching, etching, or otherwise affixing graffiti on such property.
- Engaging in non-commercial expressive activity without prior written permission from shopping center management and in accordance with the shopping center’s rules for such activity.
- Dogs are allowed within the plazas at Tempe Marketplace (stores and restaurants are subject to their own policies). Dogs must remain on a leash (6 feet or less) at all times or contained in a carrier. Dogs (with the exception of service animals) are prohibited from being on the fountain decks. Tempe Marketplace reserves the right to remove any pet for improper behavior.
- Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios, tape or compact disc players, or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noise of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of the general public without prior written permission from shopping center management.
- Soliciting money or other contributions or donations or distributing commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, or offering samples or items which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution, except with the prior written agreement of the management of the shopping center.
- The presence of any apparel or accessory or display, which by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark, symbol, or other attribute, indicates or implies affiliation or support of a group identified by law enforcement as having suspected connection to criminal activity. Carrying weapons of any type, including but not limited to, firearms and knives. Property Management and Security reserves the right to deny entry or continued presence on property for any reason, including but not limited to, with regard to prohibited items described above.
- Sitting on floors, planters, handrails, stairs, trash receptacles, and other areas not specifically designed for seating. As well as loitering, delaying, lingering, or remaining idle about the property without any useful business for being present.
- Being publicly intoxicated and/or possessing any open can, bottle, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverage, except in the areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Also, being under the influence by any illegal substance and/or possessing any paraphernalia used for such.
- Taking photos, video or audio recording of any store, product, employee, customer or officer. Photos of a shopping party with shopping center decor as a backdrop is allowed. All other activities must have shopping center management approval.
- Engaging in any unlawful activity or behavior, or the commission of any infraction, misdemeanor, or felony in the mall.
- Any person that exhibits behavior that can be construed as disrespectful towards the security, maintenance or management of Tempe Marketplace will be asked to leave the shopping center.
- Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) within the shopping center per Smoke Free-Arizona Act A.R.S. § 36-601.01. Call (877) 429-6676 or visit smokefreearizona.org for details.
- Leaving a child or pet in a vehicle on the property per A.R.S. § 13-3623 and A.R.S. § 13-2910.